Gambier City Lions - Our Club
Our club is located in the City of Mount Gambier which is approximately 450 kms south east of Adelaide in South
Australia. We meet on the first and third Tuesdays of every month at the Mount Gambier RSL Building situated at
16 Sturt Street. Our meetings commence at 6:30pm, usually after 30 minutes of fellowship.
Our club places great emphasis on striving to support our local community. We achieve this through fundraising and
distribution to needy organisations and participation in activities that enhance the life of those less fortunate than
As with Lions Clubs throughout the world we are supporters of Lions International and the many global projects that
benefit those people living in countries less able to contribute to the health and well being of their communities.
WE SERVE our local community through participation in:
- Senior's Week and Senior's Picnic Day
- Activities for children and young people with disabilities including their carers and families
- Youth activities - Youth of the Year, youth disco
- Rubbish clearing of adopted roads
- Badge selling/door knocking for charitable organisations
- Sponsorship of many community organisations that assist those in need of support
In 2008/2009 Gambier City Lions, through its fundraising activities, was able to raise and
distribute almost $21,000 to community support organisations.
Our Club President is Darrol Cameron Our Club Secretary is Paul Edgeworth